Saturday, November 1, 2008

The story so far

They took my interview sometime in Feb – 08. I was interviewed by the head of the ARL, Prof. Mandar Chitre. It consisted mainly of a prolonged discussion of my work at TIFR, previous projects in 2nd and 3rd year: basically we discussed sensor networks, communication theory, embedded programming, some topics in DSP like rate-less codes (which they are working on, but of which I have absolutely no idea of!), and oh yes, I was asked about my previous work on genetic algorithms…

The formal appointment letter came about 3 weeks after I submitted my all my mark sheets. You need an Employment Pass to work in Singapore. NUS applied for an E-Pass on my behalf, and I got the in-principle-approval less than 3 weeks after formally accepting the offer. The whole process was actually very smooth: all I had to do was submit them my mark-sheets. But the waiting was kind of killing me, what with the recession and all. So far, so good!

No comments: